Friday, April 18, 2008

An Evening with Sun, Sea and Moon

Sitting here on a deserted seashore, when the day is closing to an end, sun even from behind the array of clouds trying to penetrate the waters with a few of its last rays, sea trying to hold back its waterfronts as if it will close-in into itself like a flower whenever it gets a chance to do so, I am completely absorbed by their ways. Every spec of sand around me, every drop of water in sea looks cheery with liveliness though in a few moments it will be drowning in the vastness of the night. The sun has kept its promise till the last breath and it’s their way to applaud in gratitude for him. They will survive the night on the remnants of verve they gathered from him over the day and hope to see him again next day. I learnt to keep hope alit in any kind of gloom from them. Things come and go; it lies with you to come out of each agony and ecstasy as calm and sane as you are by nature. I feel like coming here, coming to the sea, for this sunset, for these waves again and again.

I come here whenever I find time. I can sit here for hours listening to the waters. This sound makes me forget all worries. It says I put my thoughts to and while away my time for those worries, in vain.

I am not alone here and never was. The sea is with me. He talks to me about my ways, gives advices. He sings to me the songs I wish to listen. He smiles with me as I feel foolish for being too wary for nothing worthy. He laughs with me on a joke I remember for no reason. He dances on the rhythm of the dreams and wishes I indulge for myself.

He calls me beautiful in return to my praise for his grace. Nevertheless he never forgets to slap me with its watery splish-splash for my day’s wrongdoings. Yet I can feel the softness of a friend in that touch telling me not to make him do it again. It hurts him too. We both have a deep affection for each other.

As darkness spreads our parting comes in view and I push back the longing to stay back. I don’t know if I will get to return soon. He maintains a silence for a while, which I would never expect from him, adding to my restless mind’s predicaments. That silence makes it more difficult to say farewell. I wish I could make the flow of time pause for eternity at this scene. Then slowly he closes his eyes showing he is equally sad. Yet he does not say anything or won’t even fake a weak smile to cheer me a little. He is so cruel now. A tear rolls down my face and then as a fleet is about to follow he blows it away with a sweet wind of his sighs. And suddenly out of nowhere a silvery white ray reaches his face and shines in his watery eyes.

The moon is grinning with its crescent at my crying ceremony, saying he had been looking me from behind that cloud which just went ahead for some unavoidable reason he mentioned which he better had real one to stay out of trouble. He had been enjoying the spree … anyways, I could continue….!


8 comments:

shrinivas said...

a real good piece of writing. It has the style and elegance of an old English Classic Novel. Kepp writing :)

Mukta said...

aha...finally sapadla tuza blog...though u never deigned to send out the link...restricted availibility, huh? :D :D
loved the piece about the sea...it does describe exactly the effect the picture has on you.

Onkar Bhardwaj said...

swapnil aani kaavyamay

onkar

Suneel Madhekar said...

The most profound conversations we have are generally with the sea or the sky... Inanimate objects, lifeless, for sure. But still there is so much life, so much that we can talk to them, communicate. The vastness, the openness of the surroundings, maybe, forms a reflection of our own mind with which we converse... Almost as if we are conversing with the sea or the sky... Unfortunately I haven't been to the sea a lot. But whenever I've been, it's been a really enriching experience... I almost feel the wind in my ears as I read your post. I almost feel the wet sand under my feet slip away... I can almost hear the waves scream and sing... Nice post!

Unknown said...

very good narration . i liked the personification. it gives life to the data. picture is simply great..... keep writing ......

Adwait said...

nice...very nice..thanks for the link..somehow d blog seems to stem from a personal experience or a figment of your imagination attached to a real person...very well put..the language is exemplary...keep up the good work...

Rahul Jagtap said...

Nice one. :)

GSM said...

ultimate description.....your words give a silky feel while reading ....specially the description abt sea,waves,and then the clouds etc.....gr8 work...